Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Quilted Something! Yeah!

I must have alot of you wondering....does she really quilt or just take us on tours of quiltshops and quilt guilds? I do quilt and love it! I am a great starter of things....just a poor finisher at times, but I am working on overcoming that. Look, I actually quilted something!



I have concluded that my mind works much faster than my hands and before I can get the project done, I have cut something new out that I am dying to make, as you can see below! The pile in the basket is a project from last year that I hope to get completed this week. The fabric behind the basket is 3 new projects I have to get made right away. The fabric that is cut out, on the right, is what I am dying to make. Hopefully, it won't end up on the list of "Things To Be Finished". I plan to keep working on it instead of putting it away!



Another problem that I have is....when I see a piece of fabric, my mind goes into the mode of... color play. This is where I really get into trouble! I immediately start pulling fabrics and building a quilt off that one piece of fabric until I have another wonderful project to take home and start. That has to be one of my favorite things of quilting. I love putting colors together!  Does anyone else out there have these problems?



That is why I am anxious to show you what I actually started, finshed and already got it back from the quilter, all in a week's time. It was a very small something that many of you have already made.



Yes... It's a little Schnibbles quilt....Winter White....made with the same fabrics as the original...Glace'. I loved the fabric line so much, that I had to use it to make mine!

In my Dog Kennel quilt group, I am going to be teaching three mini classes in the next six months, so I thought it would be fun to teach them three different Schnibbles quilts. I have been asked to display the first one at our luncheon in December. That was just enough incentive to get me going and to get it done...finished...and ready to show. The pressure was on! I guess what I am saying is that I work better under pressure.


25 comments:

Pat said...

hahaha...I have the problem, too, of being a very great "starter" but a rather poor "finisher"!!! Love your Schnibbles' quilt!

Anonymous said...

I think you wrote about me...how do you know me so well?
Your Winter White is fantastic! I never got the fabric for that pattern but do have the pattern. Seeing yours all finished up makes me wish I'd have snagged some charms for it! Dang. Have a great week!
Mary

Jocelyn said...

Rae Ann your Winter White turned out beautifully. I also made mine with Glace fabric. I love it!

Needled Mom said...

Is there a quilter out there without that same problem???? lol

I love the Winter White and it is in my favorite facrics. Soooo pretty.

blushing rose said...

What a beauty this is, Rae Ann.

I hope you have popped over to our new blog & become a follower ... visit the new blog tomorrow for our FINAL huge giveaways.

TTFN ~ Marydon
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Material Mary said...

The quilt turned out lovely. Makes me want to make one...some day soon...
Mary

Sherri said...

I have the same problems!!! Love your Winter White...I had to do the same thing and make mine out of Glace' too!

Kim Walus said...

Your quilt looks really nice hanging under all of your cute toy sewing machines. Are you sewing? I popped home for a quick lunch and to leave you a note. Have fun sewing today...

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I'm very good at starting projects, maybe too good at it?!? LOL
Love your Winter White Schnibbles. It's a nice pattern. Love those Schnibbles :^)

Live Well With Judi said...

RaeAnn...I am so delighted to see all the goodies you showed today! I love every one!! I even love the piles because I can tell they're going to grow up to be something wonderful. Hugs

Unknown said...

What a cute quilt, Rae Ann!! I know what you mean about what happens when you see some fabric that you like. Most of us quilters definitely have similar problems.

Kim D. said...

Hi Rae Ann,

Thanks for stopping by.. I smiled when I read your post, sounds just like me. I'm a great starter and slow to finish. I thinks it's the challenge to get something started and then when I know I can do it, I'm onto a new pattern or design. Love brights and matching fabrics for the next project. I was even thinking about writing a post about this very subject.
Love your schnibbles quilt.

paulette said...

I laughed out loud when you said that all you write about is fabric stores and quilt shows! That is so ME!! Loved it but do you know I love reading about it and I LOVE seeing pictures of shops...I click on the pic to get a close up ...so please don't stop! Love your FINISHED quilt!
Paulette

Quilting with Pugs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thimbleanna said...

Your little schnibbles quilt is darling Rae Ann! I love the color combo -- very, very pretty!

Mel said...

Love it!

You are not alone in starting more than you can finish!! Love the fabrics and that Schnibble is my favorite that the group has done so far!

PLEASE don't stop sharing shops and guild meetings!! I love them!!

Happy holidays!

Lynda said...

Can't wait for January when we can make one too. Love your blog.

Deb said...

Hi Rae Ann, Have just found your blog through Carrie at A Passion for Applique. What a lovely chatty blog you have. I absolutely adore you Schibbles quilt in Glace,mmmm.
And I must say what a beautifully stunning woman your daughter is.
I will return to your blog, thanks for chatting,
hugs Deb

Anonymous said...

Your Schnibble turned out great! I love that fabric too. I'm so glad you visited my blog and became a follower because now I am a follower of your fabulous blog!

I think you are a lot like many other quilters...we just have so much inspiration that we have to try everything we see. LOL~

Nanette Merrill said...

Its lovely, really lovely Rae Ann. I've loved seeing these all over.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

I'm super excited about our year of scribnibbles...oh, I can't spell it apparently!

Anonymous said...

Hello Rae Ann, your Winter White quilt is beautiful....love the colours you chose...I dont think you are the only one with a lot of projects at hand....we are on a strictu budget, so next year I will not be able to buy anything new....and will have to make do with what I have in my stash...Warm Regards Lyn

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh I love your Schnibbles quilt. Just beautiful! I have one of those patterns, but got kind of turned off after I realized how tiny everything is! I guess I need to start back at it! Anyways, good job on finishing it! It's beautful!

P.S. I found your blog from Kim Walus' blog. I met you at That Alpine Quilt Guild :) Amber Johnson - remember me? Well, I'm happy I stumbled upon your blog. Have a great day!

Corrie said...

Your Winter White quilt is beautiful! very very nice...wish I had one of those hanging at my house.

Emma Jensen said...

Love your Winter white quilt, makes me want to start another one...I only have 3 that I'm working on right now! Nice to meet you at the quilting store!

Good luck

Marina Jensen