Saturday, November 7, 2009

Moonlight Madness

Last night was "Moonlight Madness" at American Quilting, a local quilt shop here in Northern Utah. What an extravaganza!

My dear friend, Amy McClellan,
is the owner of the shop...

 and when she decides to put an event
on, you are sure to have a blast!

There were several local designers there
with their new patterns and products.

One of my favorite was Connie Cawley,
 from "Two Peas in a Pod".

She and her partner, Carol Adams, designed
 this quilt, "Home for Christmas".
I just had to take this one home with me!

This one is "Sweet Memories,"
another one I couldn't live without. I loved
the large green rick rack that made the wreaths.

I  decided "Hopscotch" was a great one for
the new 30's fabric I received this week.

Just look how cute! I really liked it!

Susann and I chose to have a picture
 by the one that caught both of our eye.

Another stunning quilt and...

 I also thought this one was sweet!

What a great basket quilt!
 
Alot of great quilts from "Two Peas in a Pod".

This is Bonnie Bailey. She and her mom,
 Brenda, have Pie Plate Patterns and books.

This quilt is one of their cute designs...

along with these adorable Christmas items.

She had couple of great books...
Seasons Gone Pie...

and Piece of Pie...

that featured beautiful quilts like this in them.
If interested, you can find them here.

I am sure you all have heard of Lila Tueller!
She has the greatest fabrics lines
and the most outstanding patterns....

pillows, purses, pincushions, bags and more!

I bought this purse pattern to make
 for my grand-daughter for Christmas.
Be sure to visit Lila on her blog!
 
It was a wonderful night!
I got to be with several of my dear freinds ....

and everyone who came, won something!

A "Special Thanks" goes out to Amy, her mom
(pictured here) and all of the staff that made
this one enjoyable evening, for so many.
Not to be forgotten!!!

Oh by the way, if there is something that you see that you can't live without, just go to American Quilting's blog by clicking on their name up above and tell them what it is that you are interested in and they will surely help you out!

17 comments:

Miriam said...

Thank you for sharing. Looks like you all had a great night!

Nedra said...

I've heard of Amy's Moonlight Madness. What a fun event, and it looks like you came home with some great kits.
BTW-I'll go get the fabric for you on Monday, and let you know how it goes.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Looks like tons of fun. You guys are SOOOO lucky to have so many great quilt shops so close to you!

Sherri said...

Oh, it looks like soo much fun! I think I must make the Christmas wreath pattern with the rick rack...could you let me know the name of it so I can order it? Thanks for sharing this fun event!

Rae Ann said...

Thanks Sherri! The pattern is Sweet Memories. I have now listed it on my post!

Nanette Merrill said...

I was there last year and it was so fun. I should have come this year! I can't believe all the great quilts Amy is starring right now. They are all so beautiful. That Christmas one was so cute. I really can't pick a favorite though. She's got great things going on. Thanks Rae Ann for showing us.

Trisha said...

Looks like you had a fun time! The Hopscotch pattern will look perfect with your '30s fabric. Great choice! I love all the eye candy in this post. Great projects!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Rae Ann...what a great post! Thanks for the cute show and tell....I wish I could have made it this year but probably next time!
x
lori

Live Well With Judi said...

Looks like sooo much fun! I wish I'd known about it. I will try and come next year...remind me. Also, I want to work on a couple of those patterns with you. I love what you picked out.

Scrappy quilter said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's always so nice to find another quilting blog.

paulette said...

Wow! I had a fantastic time...thanks for taking me along!!
Paulette

Anonymous said...

Helloo Rae Ann, thoroughly enjoyed your post....thank you...I loved Hopscotch...Warm Regards Lyn

Carrie P. said...

What a super fun night. Lots to see and to buy. Love that rick rack wreath pattern.

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

!!! Can you make these? I have been looking for toddler bedding everywhere and am in LOVE with the lollipop looking one. It looks like Pottery Barn. If you can I would pay you! It is too cute :)! Let me know on blog, FB, or email* THanks!

Corrie said...

oh I just love your blog! so many pretty pictures of quilts!!!!!!!!

I would so love that quilting even and it looked like one great party night!!!!!! I'd be in heaven!

I'm adding you to my favourite blog list right now and I'll be back again!

oh and course your quilts, love your quilts!
corrie:)

Melanie said...

What a fun blog! Really love the Christmas story and your beautiful poem. May I share it with my mom and daughter? The quilts are amazing!
Also, I think I'm fixing the earthquake cake for a birthday next week - I told my son about it and now he's requesting it! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Health is Wealth said...


Apna showroom designer fancy Velvet 3D Rose Flower Design Cushions Pillow for car toyota tata stockings Office Back Cushion/Valentine Gift Pack of 2 (Blue, 14×14 inch)
Baby Boy's and Baby Girl's Wool Sweaters Set (Multicolour, 0-3 Months)
New Born Baby Sweaters 0-3 Months Set Boys or Girls with desent Look - Apna_Showroom Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Baby Girls' Frock (apsw_Baby_products_373_ Red) Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Cotton Party Frock Dress Combo (Multicolour, 18-24 Months) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's Cotton Frock Combo (Multicolour, 1 Year) Attractive
Baby Girl's Knee Length Frock (apsw_Baby_products_376_Black_9-12 Months)
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's Cotton Frock Skirts Combo (Multicolour, 6-12 Months)