Thursday, February 17, 2011

FINALLY...

I have FINALLY started my quilt for the Brown Bag Quilt Challenge. It is about time... seeing how the deadline is April 1st... LOL!


I was so pleased to be partnered with
~ Lyn ~  over at Blue Bird Quilts
who has become one on my dearest
 BBBFF !
(best blogging buddy friends forever)

And... for all of you that know her... she has to be one of the most loving... giving people in the world.


She sent me the most gorgeous fabric...


along with it came all sorts of goodies
 that I simply adore!


I love the patch and will use it as my quilt label.
The bookmarker was full of Australia's lingo... Sweet!
The green vintage buttons... do I even need to say...
 SO MY FAVORITE!


And how cute is this darling stitchery?!?


Another FAVORITE... this darling lapel pin!
I love it all Lyn... Thanks so much!!!
Hopefully I can make the quilt something that you will love!


10 comments:

Nedra said...

Looks like you and Lyn are going to have fun together!

Unknown said...

Awesome gift.. Lovely blocks.. looks like there is going to be a lot of fun in this project by both you and Lynn ;)
M

Raewyn said...

I almost see a hint of pinwheels in the start of your quilt for this challenge...!!! Looks like this will be fun - and what a neat parcel you received.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Looks like fun!! Can't wait to see what you come up with...

RobynLouise said...

Love those blocks. What a great gift to receive :).

Carrie P. said...

OH, your blocks are lovely and so are all the goodies you got.

Shannon said...

Oh how exciting. Those fabrics and goodies look so fun. You will make a beautiful quilt!

Lori Holt said...

Your blocks are so adorable and I got to see them in person today!
Thanks again for today girler:)
Love ya,
Lori

busyascanbe said...

How fun! I love the pin so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello Rae Ann, thankyou for your lovely post....love what you have made so far...and looking forward to the end result....Hugs Lyn