Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Raspberry Parfait

Hello... Hello... Hello!
I am back! I have missed you all terribly!!!
Please don't think that I have been ignoring you... I'm not...
I promise!
I have been a little overwhelmed! I even began to wonder if I was ever going to be able to get back into blogging... and then yesterday... with the surprise death of my
Aunt Edith...  my load got heavier. I am sure you all have heard me talk about her and will again... in my next post.  She was my second mom!

 Madame Samm was kind enough to choose my quilt
Raspberry Parfait
as part of her February banner on
"Sew We Quilt @ Stash Manicure."
Thanks Samm!
In addition she has asked us to share with you all a little more of our quilt on our blogs today.

I will tell you...
this is one of my favorite quilts that I have ever made.
I simply adore the pinwheels (of course)...
that the blocks create as you sew them together.
And... what a simple block it is!
I love how the pinwheels seem to dance across the quilt!

Thanks dear friends for stopping by...
I look forward to hearing from you all again!

Hugs and until next time...
Sew On Rae Ann


43 comments:

gale said...

It's gorgeous! I can see why you love it so much.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rae Ann, my deepest sympathy to you and your family and my thoughts are with you.....Raspberrry Parfait is gorgeous...love the colours.....glad you are back and have missed you...Hugs Lyn

Raewyn said...

Hey, I wondered how you were; kindest regards to you and your family. Raspberry Parfait is absolutely amazing!! Is it the colours--or is it the pattern?? A bit of both I think... Best wishes from your BBGFB!!

Shirley said...

Hi RaeAnn,
I am so sorry to hear your news and I am sending you a huge hug through the air waves. The quilt is beautiful and just my colour. Thinking of you.
Love Shirley.x

Nancy said...

I love the quilt... thanks for sharing!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Hi RaeAnn, So sorry to hear you have been going through a difficult patch. It sounds as though you had a very special relationship with Edith, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I do hope you can come back to blogging, but in the meantime you need to care for yourself and be cared for by those around you. Your raspberry quilt is absolutely divine. Love Cathy xo

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Cathy is right in that you do need to take care of yourself during this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love your raspberry parfait quilt. Just gorgeous! Can you share the pattern name and designer with us?

Barb said...

I am so sorry about your Aunt, I know this must be a hard time for you. Will be thinking of you.

Your quilt is lovely...

Jocelyn said...

Oh RaeAnn, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have misssssssed you!!! Your quilt is beautiful!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know you are in my prayers.

Beautiful quilt! I love the colors.

Jo Vandermey said...

It is never easy to lose someone close to you. May you find peace in the memories shared.

Nedra said...

I was so happy to see your post. I didn't want to bother you yesterday, but I will be calling you today. Know how much you have been in my heart and prayers. My deepest sympathy for your loss. I know how much your Aunt meant to you, and what a great role she played in your life.
Your quilt is fun and bright, and so Rae Ann.

Thimbleanna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt, Rae Ann. I do love that quilt -- it's gorgeous and the color is fabulous!

Martha said...

So glad to hear from you and see your beautiful quilt. Like everyone else, I want to know how to get the pattern. What a wonderful relationship you had with your aunt!! I know you will miss her. Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Carol said...

Rae Ann I so sorry to hear of your loss...sending lots and lots of good thoughts your way. Your quilt is absolutely wonderful!

JayTee said...

the quilt is stunning!!!

andsewon said...

Rae Ann my deepest sympathy to you and your family.Thinking of you at this time.
Your quilt is delightful. Your work is amazing as always.
Take care.
Hugs,
Lola

Tiffany said...

I have to say this is perhaps one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen while browsing through bloggy land. Absolutely love the colors and the pattern!

On another note, I am very sorry to hear about your loss! I hope you and your family are supporting one another and taking time to grieve and reflect on fond memories together.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!!

Tiffany said...

Also, do you have a pattern for this beauty?

Patty C. said...

Prayers to you and your family - So sorry to hear of your loss

The quilt is absolutely gorgeous !!!
Lovely colors & pattern

Take Care

Michelle said...

Sorry for your loss.

Your quilt is beautiful!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Rae Ann I am so very sorry for your loss.

Your quilt is stunning.

Malmbergs said...

Yes, please tell us the the quilt pattern. Your's is beautiful and so glad it brings you joy at a sad time in your life.

Karen said...

Rae Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss.

This quilt is incredible...love the design and the colors.

Karen

Sue-Anne said...

I am so sorry for your loss Rae Ann, my love and thoughts are with you.

Raspberry Parfait is delicious!

RobynLouise said...

Condolences on the loss of your Aunt.

Material Mary said...

Such a beautiful quilt. Love it in red!!. Good luck with all that is going on right now.
Mary

StitchinByTheLake said...

My condolences on your loss - may God comfort you with His presence in the coming days. blessings, marlene

Kim Walus said...

I know how much your Aunt Edith meant to you. She will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of loss and I know you have been a huge blessing in her life as she has been in yours. May you find comfort in the knowledge that she is home! Sending lots of HUGS! Kim

Rae Ann said...

Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts regarding my aunt's passing.You're such sweet friends!

I have the pattern for you all. It is...
Pinwheel Surprise by
Fabric Expressions
5950 Platt Canyon Rd
Littleton, Colorado
It is still on line if you go to..
http://www.fabricexpressions.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=898316.6143.s0&lastmenu=&product=Fepatterns.

It looks quite different from mine but I think you will be able to tell.
Good luck... can't wait to see your's made. Send me a picture when you get it finished!!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O!!! I LOVE IT!!!

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

julieQ said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your raspberry quilt is just lovely!

Annieofbluegables said...

what a darling quilt!! I love it. So sorry to hear about your aunt. What a terrible loss.
~a

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. Love the quilt! The only way it could be any better is if a real raspberry parfait was sitting on top of it!

Beverly said...

I'm sorry that you have suffered the loss of a loved one. It is hard and it is a time that you need to take care of yourself. We all hope you do. That quilt is gorgeous. Where can I get the pattern? I would just love to make one for a little girl who loves pink. Glad to see you back and hope every day gets better for you.

Kim D. said...

So sorry for your loss Rae Ann, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and I do love how the pinwheels dance across the quilt. Take care..

Pokey said...

Soo good to see you back ~ so verry sorry for your loss. You'll be in my prayers tonight, God Bless, Rae Ann!
hugs, pokey

Susan said...

Your quilt is beautiful, what a joy it is!
I am so sorry for your loss...

kimland said...

LOVE, this quilt. It is just yummy, thanks for sharing the pattern with us. May you find comfort in the precious memories of your aunt.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Beautiful quilt but even better to see you post. So sorry about your Aunt Edith. Life is often overwhelming. Saying a prayer for you and family at this time.

Ariane said...

I love this quilt. It is gorgeous!!! Love the pattern. I may have to make one of these.

Amy said...

OMG - just love love love this quilt!!