Saturday, February 27, 2010

Retreat Trunk Show... Quilts... Quilts... Quilts!

Carol Adams and Connie Cawley from "Two Peas in a Pod" are a real hoot and a holler! I just loved listening to these talented gals as they shared their wonderful quilts and designs.

I love how Connie told about the quilts that they made alike and how different their taste was in fabric... which made their quilts look so different.

Here is just a sampling of the ones I saw.

 

Wonderful women... fabulous quilts... real fun time!

Connie and Carol's patterns are not on the web... but  I am sure that you can order them through American Quilting. If interested... just go to their blog and get their number there.

The final retreat pictures will be this next time and I have saved the best for the last! See ya soon!

25 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh Rae Anne,
I can see why you had such a great time at your quilt retreat, what lovely quilts you were seeing. Thank you for sharing them with us. Isn't it amazing how different a quilt can turn out with a change of colour scheme?
Shirley.x

Barb said...

Oh my goodness, I just love it all....thanks so much for showing and I am so glad that I found your blog...it is sooooo fun!!

Unknown said...

They are all absolutely beautiful! But I am definitely in love with the first one for sure. Gotta love those 30s repros.

Sue-Anne said...

What a great show and tell! It's interesting to see them in the different colourways. Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

WOW....wonderful quilts!!! Are those two gals also scrapbookers??? I know I've come across a scrapbooking webpage that is called Two Peas in a Pod.

Linda said...

Thanks for the great show and share.

Jocelyn said...

Wow such cute quilts. Love the cheerful fabrics and colors.

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing the trunk show photos. I've enjoying every one of them.

Barb said...

Hi Rae Ann, goodness, they are all so gorgeous!!!! Wow, what amazing beauty and talent. Thanks for sharing with us!

Barb ♥

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love them all! But gotta ask, Is the one with the birds a pattern? I kindof have a bird thing going on right now.

Michelle said...

Georgeous, fabulous, wonderful...LOVE looking at quilts, never tire of it. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. Always, glad to meet new blog friends.

Nedra said...

I've made that first one with the 30's fabrics. It was from a kit/ class put together by Leslie Isom and Norma Whaley. Norma even let me come to her house and gave me some authentic feed sack fabrics in her stash. I was honored.

Julia said...

Oh my goodness, I just love it all...They do like fun gals...great show and tell..
Julia ♥

Anita said...

Hi Rae Ann, I bet you had lots of fun on that retreat. So many quilts!!! It is amazing how different the same pattern can look when using other colours and they all look lovely in their own right. I'm going to dream of quilts tonight. Kind regards, Anita.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an inspiring lot of quilts! The Up in the Air baby Quilt is so sweet. How fun to go on a retreat.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I checked out all your retreat photos. Wow! what a fun event and gorgeous quilts! I loved Connie and Carol's quilts because I just love to see the same pattern made in different colors! Sometimes they don't even look like the same quilt pattern! Thanks for sharing!

Material Mary said...

love trunk shows. They are the best.
Mary

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh another great post of quilts, I feel as though I was there! Thank you for sharing!!

Darlene said...

What a fabulous retreat and thank you for sharing. I'm crazy about these designs.

Annieofbluegables said...

How very fun! How can we get in on something like this next time they come?
Very nice.
~a

Kim D. said...

Thanks for the show and tell. Beautiful Quilts!!

Live Well With Judi said...

Oh, I love seeing quilts made in different colorways because I have such a hard time deciding what to do. It helps to see someone else be brave! And it helps me to know that there isn't a 'wrong' way to do it. Hugs J

Jandi said...

I love the flowers/pinwheels quilts! I love that they love different fabrics. It is always so nice to see the same pattern done multiple ways. Sometimes it is hard to envision it in anything but what it was originally made in.

Unknown said...

G'day, Rae Ann ~ They are AWESOME! So enjoy seeing what you ladies all create.

Have a wonderful week.
TTFN ~Marydon

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great trunk show! sorry I missed it. I love all the quilts.