Monday, March 29, 2010

My Own Worst Enemy!

I have about decided that going into a fabric store is like handing me a lethal weapon. I realized this week that I am my own worst enemy! I absolutely have NO self control when it comes to buying fabric! NONE!!!

See what I mean! I'm in trouble!!!

Last week when I was at Clothesline Club... I saw the newest... cutest... Aunt Graice or 30's fabrics that had just come out. Well... I couldn't resist the temptation to buy! I either have to stay out of quiltshops all together (impossible) or......

I have an idea!

I will share with you later...  just what that idea is that might make this easier for me.

For now... I will sleep on it until tomorrow!
See ya then!

24 comments:

Pat said...

Can't wait to hear your idea....LOL

GardenOfDaisies said...

It really is impossible to resist!! :-)

Nedra said...

Knowing you, there will be sharing involved. I can't stay out of the fabric shops either. I went and got some bigger pieces of the new Riley Blake today. (from the same line that Lori gave us). The way I justify my indulgence is to plan on using it with Texture Magic.

Annette said...

Oh but it looks like such gorgeous fabrics you bought. Somehow, this just has to be an addiction for the good...maybe when you have that beautiful finished project to show for it.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so bad too. I try to only buy for specific projects, but sometimes you just have to have new fabrics. Can't wait to hear your idea.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

We all can relate to your problem, really we do!

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- we all share the same disease!!!

Mary said...

Love the new fabric. I have not seen these yet. Aunt Gracie's are so cheerful and fresh. Now I will have to look for some. Can't wait to see what you will do with it.

Deb said...

Staying out of quilt shops altogether is far to radical Rae Ann so I am thrilled you have an idea. Can't wait to heaR it.
hugs Deb

Deb said...

Staying out of quilt shops altogether is far to radical Rae Ann so I am thrilled you have an idea. Can't wait to heaR it.
hugs Deb

Pamela said...

Scrumptious fabrics! I know what you mean. Ran up to our little quilt shop the other day to pick up 3 coordinating fat quarters and wound up spending $70.00! Whooo, boy, I have got to pace myself.

Sue-Anne said...

It is so hard to resist with all the beautiful fabric about at the moment. I am having the same trouble as you so I will be interested to hear what your solution is.

Unknown said...

Yes, quiltshops can be very dangerous :o) But look at all the wonderful fabrics you got and think of what gorgeous quilts you can make :o)

Kim Walus said...

You are so right! Dangerous with a great big D. It's like taking a drug addict into a pharmacy. lol...

You may think I'm joking but, ya know I have the same kind of trouble. I just love going into a QUILT store and seeing all the great fabric.

It's been a few days since I've been to a quilt store. . .Let's go!

Anonymous said...

I am just as bad, I have no willpower. I have decided the only way I am safe from buying is if I don't have any money or credit cards on me.

andsewon said...

I feel ya! Yes ma'am we got the sickness bad.
Loving those fabbies though.I need to pull out mine and do up some summer table settings or aprons.
ENJOY!
Lola

Staci said...

Oh, you're singing my song!!! LOL!! You're going to get lots of sympathy and support for your fabric addiction right here.

My last trip into my LQS was for a yard of white on white print. Came out $275 later. . .

isa & marta said...

Hahaha -- we all share the same disease!!!

Shirley said...

Rae Ann it is nice to know that women the world over all have the same affliction. Best not to fight it. I came back from a quilt show on Sunday and still went to a quilt shop on the Monday. How bad is that. A real hopeless case.
Love Shirley.x

Jana said...

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing about myself yesterday when I took my quilt into the quilt shop in Evanston to be quilted. Could not leave without buying more fabric! When am I ever going to use it all?! :)

Carrie P. said...

Such irresistible fabrics. No one could pass them by. Can't wait to see your idea evolve.

antique quilter said...

well one NEVER has enough 30's fabrics in mho!
can't wait to see what you make and oh I love those fabrics :)
Kathie

Jewel said...

Oh... I think we all have this problem. Can't wait to hear your solution :)

Joan said...

Oh Wow - what a stash - and I havnt even begun to collect 30's fabrics. Loved your blog...